It's What I Do
I've run the gamut between court reporting and daily news to columns, copy editing and photography. I am a published novelist. I'm an excellent writer, publication and project manager. In my current role, I'm responsible for social media for a publicly traded company and have seen our channels grow by 20% since I started two years ago. I work hard to run an organized and engaging ship, and I've got a knack for collaborating across departments to make a project truly shine.
Marketing Communications Specialist, Reliv International, Inc.
2012 - present
I collaborate with sales and marketing teams on marketing campaigns for a nutritional supplement manufacturer. Support the video department with voice overs and on-camera appearances.
Social Media, Web and SEO
• Develop a social media strategy with measurable objectives to show actual impact on sales and determine ROI
• Develop blog strategy for Reliv, oversaw rebranding of a blog and manage blog via WordPress dashboard
• Work with web team to develop e-communications such as e-blasts, e-zines and CRM campaigns
• Use unique content manager (CMS) to make updates to reliv.com
• Increase brand awareness via social media; manage Reliv’s social media presence on social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Flickr, Picasa, SlideShare, YouTube and more
• Use Radian6, HootSuite and Nuvi social media monitoring platform to measure impact of online campaigns
• Research and propose the transition to more suitable monitoring platforms, saving Reliv more than $8,000 annually
• Craft and implement Reliv's first social media crisis plan, and gain support of senior management
Writing and Content Development
• Develop editorial calendars and strategic plans for online content marketing
• Research and write online content related to nutrition science, fitness, supplements and healthy lifestyles
• Managing editor and writer of Lifestyle, a magazine for 60,000 Reliv distributors; write and edit articles for publications in 15 different countries
• Write for online publications, blog entries, video scripts, websites, CRM campaigns, webinars
• Directly supervise one employee
• Lead a social media team of five
• Coordinate and lead an employee walking program to improve morale and fitness
• Lead a team of 5 for "LivGreen," Reliv's Earth Week initiative
Publications Manager, Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri
2011 - 2012
As a "green blood" (lifelong Girl Scout), I was honored to manage the creation, editing, photography and design of four publications.
•Successfully merged the adult and member publications with a cost savings of
more than $15,000 annually.
•Implemented a successful social media and blog campaign resulting in a drastic
increase in readership and interest in Girl Scouts.
•Created new strategy and campaign for April Showers Personal Care Item Drive
that successfully raised 1.6 million items and set a Guinness World Record.
Managing Editor at BMW Owners News
2006 - 2010
As Managing Editor, it was my job to oversee the daily operations and production of a 144-page full-color monthly magazine with a 40,000+ circulation. I was responsible for choosing and editing stories, working with authors, planning editorial calendar and proofreading copy as well as working with graphic designer and printer. I served as photo editor of BMW Owners News and assist with preparation of content for BMW MOA Web site (www.bmwmoa.org).
*Covered industry events (Dealer Expo, motorcycle tours, conferences, etc.) as required.
*Represented the BMW Owners News and BMW MOA at various rallies, events, and shows in America and Europe.
*Planned, organize and photograph small regional events and the National Rally each summer.
*Presented seminars at the National Rally, and work with rider education efforts for BMW MOA members.
Kentucky Press Association, Best Spot News Coverage, 2005
Favorite Kentucky Kernel Writer, 2004
St. Louis Publisher's Association's "Get Ready/Get Published" grand prize winner, March 2010
Adobe Photoshop and InCopy
2010 - present
2010 - present
University of Kentucky, BA in Journalism
I spent a semester at the University of Central Lancashire in England in 2003, and I was no stranger to the Dean's List. I graduated Magna Cum Laude and was voted "Favorite Kernel Writer" by my classmates and 40,000+ readership for my charismatic and witty weekly columns.
You Don't Have to Take My Word For It
"I had the pleasure of working with Mandy for almost 5 years. She excelled as the managing editor of the monthly BMW Owners News magazine, running the day-to-day operations of a 140-page magazine. She is an outstanding manager, writer, editor, and production supervisor. Mandy is also very creative and entrepreneurial and brought tremendous energy to the position. Her positive attitude, and willingness to go the extra mile, made my job all the easier. Mandy also brought much-needed organizational skills to the table in her position. She is a joy to work with."
-Vince Winkel, former Editor of the BMW Owners News
"Mandy has brought a refreshing surge of creativity to both the marketing department and our overall social media strategy. She is thoughtful and caring in her interactions with co-workers ... (she) has elevated the collaboration within the department and on the social media task force. She is inclusive, collaborative and works to maintain an ongoing dialog around creative projects.
She manages the content to a fine balance of light-hearted, funny and whimsical with the strategic, business and sales focused. Whether it requires felt and puffy paint, an infographic with facts and figures, or a task requiring theatrical characters and song lyrics, Mandy has it covered.
She is extremely conscientious about tracking metrics and results across all channels and regularly reporting to management. She took the initiative to evaluate our monitoring tools and made recommendations for several changes that have saved Reliv thousands of dollars without compromising functionality. She is truly an asset on our team." - Chris Scherting, Director of Marketing, Reliv International.